One of the basic ingredients usually used to make your sweetened coffee drinks at a coffee shop are different flavoured syrups. These can be found to buy online, but usually for a hefty price. This is a homemade alternative that’s easy to make. The final product can be stored in the refrigerator for about one to two weeks.
Makes a big batch of syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract 1 vanilla bean
- Cut the vanilla bean pod in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Mix the water, sugar, and vanilla bean seeds along with the pod itself, together in a saucepan.
- Bring up to a simmer and let simmer for four minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes, and add the vanilla extract.
- Store in a glass container and refrigerate.
Alternatively, we've partnered up with Bristol-based syrup company Sweetbird, so you can buy their delicious flavoured syrups directly from our website.
Shop fairtrade coffee
Curious Reads On Our Blog
It’s an Autumn favourite which was originally created by Starbucks in the US. There are now many variations. Here we explain how to make your own Pumpkin Spiced Latte at home using our coffee bags.
What does Fairtrade mean and why is it good for people and the planet. The Fairtrade Foundation exists as an extension of the international Fairtrade brand which has a significant global presence. They have developed the highly recognisable ‘Fairtrade Mark’ which certifies products as meeting Fairtrade standards.
There are so many different options for travel mugs and reusable coffee cups on the market today. We tried and tested some of the most popular to find out which one is the best.